AGC State Championships - Adelaide
Australian Grappling Champions presents the AGC State Championships Series - Adelaide
AGC - State Championship South Australia
Compete and earn your title as state champion at the kick off event for the AGC State Championship Series. Australian Grappling Championships events are run in a fun and friendly way that offer the best possible value for money; giving all competitors more from their experience.
- Brackets and completed divisions will be released no later than 6:30PM Friday the 11th of June.
- Door's to open at 8:30am on Sunday the 13th of June.
- Weigh in and athlete check in to remain open from 8:30am till close of the day.
- Matches to begin from 9:00am after Adelaide Open welcoming address.
- Due to Covid-19 restrictions, we will only be able to have a maximum of 4 spectators per competitor.
- Gi Divisions: IBJJF points format, excluding advantages. (see website for legal submission list that applies to your divisions)
- Nogi Divisions: IBJJF points format, excluding advantages. (see website for legal submission list that applies to your divisions)
- Round Robin Divisions: All weight division (Gi and Nogi) matches will run under round robin format ensuring that each competitor will compete against each competitor having up to 5 fights in a single division.
- Single Elimination Divisions: All Open Weight and Super Absolute Divisions will run under single elimination format.
- Super Absolute Divisions: AGC Invitational Qualifier Divisions, winner gains automatic invitation to compete on the premier event.
- Super Absolute format: For continuity all super absolute divisions will maintain it's Submission Only, all submissions in format with current EBI Invitational Overtime rulings. Divisions will be split Under 80kg and Over 80kg with the Women's Super Absolute being all weigh inclusive.
Spectator entry fee is $10, children under 12 and Head Coaches are FREE.
- EFTPOS facilities on site.
Pre-registration only. Click above to register to compete.
REGISTRATION TIMELINE AND CLOSE
Early bird registration = Ending 17th May 2021
Normal registration = 18th May - 11:59pm 9th June 2021
Late registration = 9th June - 5:00pm 11th June 2021
Black Belt Competitors
Black belt competitors are FREE to compete at this event. If you're a Black Belt and wish to compete please email us at [email protected]
Teams Cup Awards
At the end of the event the Teams Cup Trophy's will be awarded to the team that has accumulated the most amount of points throughout the day.
Gold = 10 Points
Silver = 3 Points
Bronze = 1 Point
National Team Championship Award
State Championships Series include double points for athletes that win their registered divisions, meaning that athletes will receive 10 points instead of the traditional 5 for winning a division.
Concluding the tournament the total number of points generated from each club will be talllied and will be compared with other teams with athletes competing in the State Championship event that will be hosted in multiple Australian States.
The Team with the highest score nationally will win $500, as well as the Teams Cup Trophy that is presented to the tournaments winning team at the end of each state championship event.
- AGC IS WORKING CLOSELY WITH THE HIRED FACILITY IN WHICH THE EVENT WILL TAKE PLACE TO ENSURE THAT WE MEET, FOLLOW AND COMPLY WITH THEIR COVID-19 PLAN. IN ADDITION AGC WILL ENSURE THAT ADDITION PRACTICES ARE IMPLEMENTED TO ENSURE SAFETY TO THE PUBLIC TO MINIMISE THE SPREAD OF THE COVID-19 VIRUS.
ENTRY and Restrictions
- Upon entry you will need to complete and comply with all SA GOV Covid-19 contact tracing procedures.
- Upon entry all spectators, competitors and staff will be required to have an infrared touchless temperature check. To gain entry all patronage will be required to have a body temperature lower than 37.5 degrees.
- Sanitizing stations can be found at the entrance, medals / weigh in area and at the first aid table.
- Our Covid marshal will be ensuring that competitors and spectators practice social distancing during times that they are off the competition mats.
Marion Leisure and Fitness Centre »
Cnr Oaklands Rd & Rosedale Ave, Morphettville SA 5043
Adult / Masters - Male - Gi
Belt level experience Gi divisions.
Adult / Masters - Male - NoGi
Adult / Masters - Female - Gi
Belt level experience Gi divisions.
Adult / Masters - Female - NoGi
Beginner/ Intermediate/ Advanced
Adult / Masters - NoGi - Absolute
Experience level open weight class
Adult - NoGi - Super Absolute
All experience level - All Submissions legal
Adult / Masters - GI - Open Weight
Belt level open weight class
Kids - Mixed - Gi
Kids - Mixed - NoGi
Teens - Gi
Teens - Nogi