Australian Grappling Champions presents the AGC Adelaide Open
AGC - Adelaide open
It's been a long wait and we are pleased to announce that AGC is back November 8th 2020 hosting the AGC Adelaide Open; after many months of COVID-19 restrictions and lock-downs.
Compete at the inaugural event since restrictions have been eased for the AGC Open Series as we close out the 2020 calendar. Australian Grappling Championships events are run in a fun and friendly way that offer the best possible value for money; giving all competitors more from their experience.
- Brackets and completed divisions will be released no later than 6:30PM Friday the 6th of November.
- Door's to open at 8:30am on Sunday the 8th of November.
- Weigh in and athlete check in to remain open from 8:30am till close of the day.
- Matches to begin from 9:00am after Adelaide Open welcoming address.
- Due to Covid-19 restrictions, we will only be able to have a maximum of 3 spectators per competitor.
- Gi Divisions: IBJJF points format, excluding advantages. (see website for legal submission list that applies to your divisions)
- Nogi Divisions: IBJJF points format, excluding advantages. (see website for legal submission list that applies to your divisions)
- Round Robin Divisions: All weight division (Gi and Nogi) matches will run under round robin format ensuring that each competitor will compete against each competitor having up to 5 fights in a single division.
- Single Elimination Divisions: All Open Weight and Super Absolute Divisions will run under single elimination format.
- Super Absolute Divisions: AGC Invitational Qualifier Divisions, winner gains automatic invitation to compete on the premier event.
- Super Absolute format: For continuity all super absolute divisions will maintain it's Submission Only, all submissions in format with current EBI Invitational Overtime rulings. Divisions will be split Under 80kg and Over 80kg with the Women's Super Absolute being all weigh inclusive.
Spectator entry fee is $10, children under 8 and Head Coaches are FREE.
- EFTPOS facilities on site.
Pre-registration only. Click above to register to compete.
REGISTRATION TIMELINE AND CLOSE
Early bird registration = 3rd September - 8th October 2020
Normal registration = 9th October - 4th November 2020
Late registration = 4th November - 5:30pm 6th November 2020
Black Belt Competitors
Black belt competitors are FREE to compete at this event. If you're a Black Belt and wish to compete please email us at [email protected]
Teams Cup Awards
At the end of the event the Teams Cup Trophy will be awarded to the team that has accumulated the most amount of points throughout the day.
Gold = 5 Points
Silver = 3 Points
Bronze = 1 Point
- AGC IS WORKING CLOSELY WITH THE HIRED FACILITY IN WHICH THE EVENT WILL TAKE PLACE TO ENSURE THAT WE MEET, FOLLOW AND COMPLY WITH THEIR COVID-19 PLAN. IN ADDITION AGC WILL ENSURE THAT ADDITION PRACTICES ARE IMPLEMENTED TO ENSURE SAFETY TO THE PUBLIC TO MINIMISE THE SPREAD OF THE COVID-19 VIRUS.
ENTRY and Restrictions
- Our COVID-19 plan states that we are able to have a maximum of 374 people (excluding event staff) within the AGC Arena Space at any one time. Our door staff and Covid Marshall will be conducting regular attendance checks to ensure that we do not exceed our venue capacity.
- Upon entry you will need to complete and comply with all SA GOV Covid-19 contact tracing procedures.
- Upon entry all spectators, competitors and staff will be required to have an infrared touchless temperature check. To gain entry all patronage will be required to have a body temperature lower than 37.5 degrees.
- Sanitizing stations can be found at the entrance, medals / weigh in area and at the first aid table.
- Our Covid marshal will be ensuring that competitors and spectators practice social distancing during times that they are off the competition mats.
Marion Leisure and Fitness Centre »
Oaklands Rd & Rosedale Ave
Fuso Orario: Australia/Adelaide
Adult / Masters - Male - Gi
Belt level experience Gi divisions.
Adult / Masters - Male - NoGi
Adult / Masters - Female - Gi
Belt level experience Gi divisions.
Adult / Masters - Female - NoGi
Beginner/ Intermediate/ Advanced
Adult / Masters - NoGi - Absolute
Experience level open weight class
Adult - NoGi - Super Absolute
All experience level - All Submissions legal
Adult / Masters - GI - Open Weight
Belt level open weight class
Kids - Mixed - Gi
Kids - Mixed - NoGi
Teens - Gi
Teens - Nogi